Team | Leadership
Robert Irwin, Sr.
Since joining HITT 11 years ago, Bob has helped establish and grow HITT's Technology sector, which handles mission critical construction. To meet the demands of the mission critical environment, he defined the MEP role and created the MEP services group. As director of MEP services, he manages HITT's MEP services team, which provides technical support for our mission critical projects requiring complex mechanical and electrical system construction and commissioning.
Bob brings more than 30 years of construction knowledge to HITT and provides expertise regarding mechanical and electrical construction, BMS controls, BIM / CAD, commissioning, quality control, preconstruction, and equipment procurement. His experience spans market sectors and project types including mission critical, semiconductor, healthcare, hospitality, interiors, government, industrial, and repositioning.
- Confidential Client Building D, Suite 130
- INOVA Fairfax Hospital North Tower and Critical Care Wing
- Kaiser Permanente Medical Office Building
- Data Center 4 Expansion in Sterling, Virginia
- Special Project 2
- Capital Region Readiness Center—VAMC Martinsburg
- Network Access Point (NAP) of the Capital Region
Affiliations & Certifications
- Journeyman Local 100
- LEED Accredited Professional
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Construction Quality Management for Contractors (CQM-C)
Awards & Honors
- ABC National Excellence in Construction Eagle Award, Kaiser Permanente Medical Office Building; 2012
- ABC Metro Washington Excellence in Construction Award, Data Center 4 Expansion; 2012
- NAIOP Northern Virginia Award of Excellence, Verizon NAP of the Capital Region; 2008
- ABC West Virginia Excellence in Construction Award, VA Martinsburg - Capital Region Readiness Center
Sheet Metal Journeyman, Sheet Metal Workers Apprenticeship