The Pentagon IDIQ
As the headquarters of the United States Department of Defense, the Pentagon is an iconic building that services as a symbol of the U.S. military. HITT performed tenant-occupied environmentally preferred products (EPP), multiproject / multidiscipline renovations on several campuses, totaling 6,636,360 sf, under two subsequent IDIQ contracts. The facilities included the Pentagon, Federal Office Building #2, the United States Court of Appeals and the Hybla Valley facility. The project consisted of general interior construction / renovation work throughout the Pentagon facility utilizing the EPP program in conjunction with the EPA and DOD. Work was comprised of approximately 100 delivery orders annually ranging from $2,000 to $1.5 million.
Throughout the duration of the contract, HITT provided various services, including design and installation of a fuel transfer system to support backup generators, office renovations, creation of swing spaces during each phase of office renovations and renovation of existing auditorium space with new seating, an ADA-compliant handicapped chair lift and theatrical lighting. Other services have included construction of food service storefronts, historical restoration of the main courtroom at United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, installation of audio / video equipment and cabling for the Army auditorium and tenant renovations of both occupied and unoccupied office suites. HITT maintained on on-site project management staff, including a project manager, superintendent, accountant and field forces at all times.
HITT also was among three contractors who participated in a five-year contract for design-build task orders on the Pentagon Reservation. HITT bid for 100 percent of the task orders issued under this contract, and the following was awarded and completed:
- Design-build Pentagon emergency public address system
- Design-build renovations to room 3A147, 3A153, and 3A1088
- Emergency repair of waist line at day care center
- Room 1C1070 and 1D967W fire protection
- Hurricane Isabel emergency repairs
- Secretary of Defense office fire protection
- Missile Defense Agency realignment project
- Airlocks for tri-care clinic
- BC café gas supply line and vent line
- Federal office building #2 radio room
- Switch house 1, heat and refrigeration plant
- OCC facility modifications
- Consolidation and renovation of network management service center
- Corridor design Navy / Marine Corps
- New, more efficient system for processing requests and submittals was designed and implemented by the project team to expedite all work performed.