One NoMA Station
Built in 1937, 131 M Street, NE, Washington, DC (400,000 square feet), which originally housed the Woodward & Lothrop Service Warehouse, was designated a District of Columbia historic landmark in 1993, and was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 2005. When Woodward & Lothrop disbanded, the space was taken over by The Bristol Group, of San Francisco, California, and converted into office space to be leased by government agencies represented by the U.S. General Services Administration under the property management guidance of Jones Lange LaSalle Americas, Inc. (representing The Bristol Group).
HITT Contracting Inc. was contracted to build out the space for all government lessees and related amenities and perform sitework / landscaping in the historic setting, today known as “One NoMa Station.” To date, HITT has built out and renovated space for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC); Department of Veterans Affairs (VA); Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF); the Department of Homeland Security (DHS); Office of Civil Rights Civil Liberties (CRCL) and U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). HITT completed the multi-project / multidiscipline jobs on a lease-by-lease basis, meaning renovations occurred while other parts of the building were occupied.