Kim Roy began her career in commercial construction with HITT Contracting in 1999. She rose through the ranks of operations in HITT’s Base Building sector, delivering more than 6.5 million square feet of complex tenant fit-out and new construction projects. In 2009 she was promoted to vice president and in 2012 to senior vice president in charge of preconstruction and strategy.
Kim’s considerable construction experience and business savvy propelled her to executive vice president in 2015. In this role, she led the firm’s healthcare sector, which delivers more than $100 million annually on hospital, ambulatory, and highly specialized patient care construction. Additionally, Kim provided executive oversight for a diverse group of corporate resources including Business Development, HR, Marketing, Preconstruction, Virtual Construction, and Sustainable Construction and Corporate Responsibility.
In 2017, Kim was named CEO of HITT Contracting. In this role, she is responsible for defining key initiatives, identifying emerging markets and business opportunities, as well as executing the strategic vision of the Board. She provides executive oversight for all corporate operations including HR, Finance, and Risk Management. Additionally, Kim leads the Corporate Steering Committee and the firm’s Strategic Planning Committee. She is also the President of the HITT Contracting Foundation.
B.S., Construction, Virginia Tech
- 2007 Virginia Tech Outstanding Young Alumnus for the Building Construction Department
- Building Design + Construction Magazine’s Top 40 Under 40 class of 2009
- ENR MidAtlantic’s 2013 Top 20 Under 40 list
- Member of Virginia Tech’s Myers-Lawson School of Construction Industry Advisory Board
- Washington Business Journal's 2019 Power 100 list
- Commercial Observer's 2019 Top Women in Real Estate - Innovation Award
- Washington Business Journal's 2021 Power 100 list
- ConstructionDive 2021 Construction Champions: Mentors Award